Below you will find details of the Workshops and Discovery Sessions that we offer for Secondary Schools.
If you would like to make a booking or to discuss the details of your visit further please contact our learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 8083 2810.
Click here for a sample itinerary and general costs for up to 30 pupils.
‘I just wanted to say what an amazing experience it was for the students that attended. The tour was really engaging and brought the personal stories to life for them in a way they really responded to. They were still talking about it at dinner that night, which is sign of a great activity for Year 9 students!’
Year 9 leader, visited July 2018
Work with practicing artists, historians, and educators to take your visit to a deeper level of learning and engagement. All workshops are £82 and last an hour, unless otherwise stated. We offer the following workshops for Key Stages 3 and 4:
- Investigate Titanic Examine various aspects about the Titanic & its impact on Southampton using artefacts and different range of activities.
- Southampton – A Gateway to the World Using objects and hands-on activities, find out about what made Southampton such an important gateway city, from prehistory to modern times.
- Museums as Enterprise Developed to support GCSE Leisure and Tourism, this session explores the role of museums and specifically SeaCity. Fantastic as a case study.
Tailored to meet your level of study and objectives, all of our sessions are expert led, engaging, and packed full of thought-provoking information to inspire your studies. Our tours last an hour and cost £47 each. We offer guided discovery sessions of all of our exhibitions, including:
- Southampton’s Titanic Story – Follow Titanic’s links to Southampton through her local crew, the jobs they did onboard, and the relatives they left behind.
- Southampton: Gateway to the World – Find out why Southampton is a gateway city, with particular focus on either Roman, Saxon, medieval, or Second World War history.
- The Pavilion: Special exhibition – Discover each visiting exhibition with one of our guides. Please contact the learning team at email@example.com for details.