Below you will find details of the Workshops and Discovery Sessions that we offer for our younger visitors.
If you would like to make a booking or to discuss the details of your visit further please contact our learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 8083 2810.
Click here for a sample itinerary and general costs for up to 30 pupils.
Our hands-on workshops are a fabulous follow-on from visiting the museum exhibitions. Crammed with loads of great activities and resources, we are sure your class will have a truly memorable learning experience.
All workshops cost £80 and last an hour.
I accompanied our Primary School to the SeaCity Museum to visit the Titanic exhibition today, as a parent helper. I wanted to email you to say how absolutely impressed we were with your workshop for the children, particularly our guide who was just brilliant. They were engaging,
entertaining and informative and enriched the children’s experience immeasurably.
Thank you, I’m so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of the day.
Key Stage 1 Parent helper, visited July 2017
- Discover Titanic Students will discover the story of Titanic in a safe environment in this fun and interactive session. Activities include object-handling, a simple scientific experiment, lifeboat activity and storytelling.
- Under the Sea Learn about the sea with storytelling, marine-themed object handling, and create crafty sea creatures! Perfect for Reception classes.
- Art & History Take a history theme and create a fantastic piece of artwork based on the subject. This fantastic session is run in partnership with Southampton City Art Gallery.
Discovery Sessions are led by expert guides around our exhibitions. Our Early Years Discovery Sessions bring the museum to life by combining stories, fun puppets and are designed to appeal to our youngest audiences in a way that is engaging and fun. All Discovery Sessions last an hour and cost £47.
The discovery section was EXCELLENT! The member of staff leading the session engaged the children immediately, ensuring that they were engaged at all times. A really excellent element to our trip.
Year 2 Teacher, visited January 2017
- Southampton’s Titanic Story Join us for an introduction of the story of the Titanic in a child-friendly and sensitive way. Follow the stories of the crew who lived and worked onboard the ill-fated RMS Titanic.
- Southampton: Gateway to the World Explore the amazing stories of Southampton’s past through its history and archaeology on display.