Below you will find details of the Workshops and Discovery Sessions that we offer for our younger visitors.
If you would like to make a booking or to discuss the details of your visit further please contact our learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 8083 2810.
Click here for a sample itinerary and general costs for up to 30 pupils.
Our hands-on workshops are a fabulous follow-on from visiting the museum exhibitions. Crammed with loads of great activities and resources, we are sure your class will have a truly memorable learning experience.
All workshops cost £82 and last an hour.
Thank you for a fantastic visit. The discovery session and workshop were perfectly pitched for our children’s needs and the teachers made the children work hard and got the most out of each session with skilled questioning. Children discovered for themselves and their learning was deepened.
Key Stage 1 Teacher, visited February 2019
- Discover Titanic Students will discover the story of Titanic in a safe environment in this fun and interactive session. Activities include object-handling, a simple scientific experiment, lifeboat activity and storytelling.
- Under the Sea Learn about the sea with storytelling, marine-themed object handling, and create crafty sea creatures! Perfect for Reception classes.
- Art & History Take a history theme and create a fantastic piece of artwork based on the subject. This fantastic session is run in partnership with Southampton City Art Gallery.
Discovery Sessions are led by expert guides around our exhibitions. Our Early Years Discovery Sessions bring the museum to life by combining stories, fun puppets and are designed to appeal to our youngest audiences in a way that is engaging and fun. All Discovery Sessions last an hour and cost £47.
We would like to give special for an excellent discovery session. Our pupils were thoroughly engaged by the stories which they have remembered back at school.
Year 2 Teacher, visited February 2019
- Southampton’s Titanic Story Join us for an introduction of the story of the Titanic in a child-friendly and sensitive way. Follow the stories of the crew who lived and worked onboard the ill-fated RMS Titanic.
- Southampton: Gateway to the World Explore the amazing stories of Southampton’s past through its history and archaeology on display.