Below you will find details of the Workshops and Discovery Sessions that we offer for Secondary Schools.
If you would like to make a booking or to discuss the details of your visit further please contact our learning team at email@example.com or phone 023 8083 2810. Alternatively you can fill in an online enquiry form here.
Click here for a sample itinerary and general costs for up to 30 pupils.
Work with practicing artists, historians, and educators to take your visit to a deeper level of learning and engagement. All workshops are £80 and last an hour, unless otherwise stated. We offer the following workshops for Key Stages 3 and 4:
- Investigate Titanic Examine various aspects about the Titanic & its impact on Southampton using artefacts and different range of activities.
- Southampton – A Gateway to the World Using objects and hands-on activities, find out about what made Southampton such an important gateway city, from prehistory to modern times.
- Scrapbooking (2 hours, £160) Guided by our museum educators, develop team-working skills, using research and art by creating group scrapbooks exploring one of our three exhibitions. Includes mini tour of the exhibition of your choice.
- Museums as Enterprise Developed to support GCSE Leisure and Tourism, this session explores the role of museums and specifically SeaCity. Fantastic as a case study.
Tailored to meet your level of study and objectives, all of our sessions are expert led, engaging, and packed full of thought-provoking information to inspire your studies. Our tours last an hour and cost £46 each. We offer guided discovery sessions of all of our exhibitions, including:
- Southampton’s Titanic Story – Follow Titanic’s links to Southampton through her local crew, the jobs they did onboard, and the relatives they left behind.