We offer an active programme of talks, tours for adult groups. See below for the various talks, tours and workshops at SeaCity.
If you would like to make a booking, or to discuss visiting us please email our Learning Team at email@example.com or phone us on 023 8083 2810. We offer a broad range of tours and workshops, based on the details and costs below:
Hands-on History Sessions
ed by a historian or archaeologist, delve into the history of Southampton. Please ask about various options for study. All sessions cost £110 and last an hour.
We offer a varied programme of private tours. All tours are let by a specialist with a background in history or archaeology. Tours cost £67 and last an hour.
- Southampton’s Titanic Story– Develop a greater understanding of the tragedy of the RMS Titanic and its affect on Southampton in this expert-led tour. The tour is designed to complement the collections on display.
- Gateway to the World– Gain an in-depth perspective into Southampton’s history. Find out about the pirate emperor who turned Britain into his own Empire in Roman times and why a witch was brought to St Mary’s Stadium in the 2000s.
- Old Police Station– Go behind-the-scenes of SeaCity to discover the story of the Central Police Station which was based here until 2011. Visit a padded cell and visit the old Coroner’s Court. Please bring a torch.
- Civic Centre Clock Tower (maximum 8)– Gain a bird’s eye view of Southampton in this fantastic private tour of the clock tower. Learn about its conception, design and find out about the intriguing method of choosing its height…
Tour and Teas
Our popular tours and tea include a full guided tour of your choice followed by a stop in the Galley café. for a hot drink, scone, jam and cream. Tours and Tea are also available for private parties. Tours cost £67 plus a special rate for the café.
We offer a reduced admission price to the museum for groups of 10 or more. In order to be eligible for a discount it is necessary to pre-book with us. Please speak to a member of the Learning Team for more details.
Unable to visit the museum yourselves but want to have a talk led by one of our historians or archaeologists? We offer a range of illustrated talks on many different subjects. Outreach talks start from £110 and include the following titles (also available at the museum; subject to availability):
- Titanic: Heroes, Villains and Mailsacks– This talk explores the history of Titanic and investigates the stories and conspiracies associated with it.
- A History of Southampton in Objects– Using objects in the museum’s collection, this is a whistle-stop tour of the last 10,000 years of Southampton.